South Africa Cricket Players
Makhaya NtiniMakhaya Ntini (born 6 July 1977 in Eastern Cape Province) is the first black player in the South African team. A fast bowler, he tends to bowl from wide of the crease with brisk, although not express, pace.
Ntini made his international debut in a one day international on January 16, 1998. He became the first South African to take 10 wickets at Lord's Cricket Ground. On 12 April 2005, Ntini took 13 wickets for 132 runs against the West Indies at Port of Spain. This remains the best bowling performance by a South African cricketer in a Test match. On 3 March 2006, Ntini also achieved the best bowling figures by a South African in an ODI, demolishing Australia with 6 wickets for 22 runs. From recent performances, Ntini has established himself as South Africa's premier fast bowler and one of the leading fast bowlers in the world.
- Full name : Makhaya Ntini
- Born : July 6, 1977, Mdingi, nr King William's Town, Cape Province
- Batting style : Right-hand bat
- Bowling style : Right-arm fast
- Test debut : South Africa v Sri Lanka at Cape Town - Mar 19-23, 1998
- Last Test : South Africa v New Zealand at Johannesburg - May 5-9, 2006
- ODI debut : New Zealand v South Africa at Perth - Jan 16, 1998
- Last ODI : South Africa v Australia at Johannesburg - Mar 12, 2006